Swear to God, most of us could take this week off.
Sure, some of the regular bond auctions and a trade figure Tuesday. But for the most part this is one of those weeks that Editors hate. There’s hardly enough to write about.
Scheduling the Week
For one, there is a chance that in this “news vacuum” the market could still drift a bit higher. But a downside is out there, it’s just not apparent when it starts yet.
There were some interesting notes on the manipulation higher as major players are working “volatility spreads” but in actuality, this is either a Wave 4 (lower probability) or the “a” move up of a Wave 3 (2).
Since we have already met (with the running of the shorts last week, including me) the minimums for the whole of 3 (2), we’re in Anything Goes week for markets.
EXCEPT that Bitcoin has moved up into the $35,000 area over the weekend, making it easier to write stories like Bitcoin Price Holds Steady at $35,000, Analysts Predict Huge Next Move.
Oddly, Bitcoin Market Volatility Sparks $114 Million in Liquidations. Which, in company of whales, is chump.
But on the basis of the Calendars, the Big Picture may be of a quiet week. Until we remember this is only a lull in the opening of World War 3.
Asia showed well in the overnights. Japan was up nearly 2.4 percent while the Hang Seng grew 1.7 percent. Not doing as well in Europe today where looks like generally down a third of a percent.
Here in penal colony ‘Merica, the Big Boys look to continue their volatility plays to arb things up. Running the shorts. But as we explained on the Peoplenomics site this weekend, there’s a problem in that an alternate wave count lurks. Is this how Wave 3 (2) up plays out…over days?
Wave 1 Down was from Nov. 8, 2021, to the fall of 2022. Then we had a rally until July 31, this year. Down, generally, since then with the occasional counter-rally, like so:
We await, patiently, the return of our Benjamin’s.
War, Is It?
Wherever we look, seems like it’s trying to be:
- North War first: Significantly, Ukraine is asking the International Monetary Fund for (another) $41-billion dollars. IMF mission starts second review of Ukraine program. Dandy posterchild (wars) for globalist inflation, if you ask us.
- Southern War next: Israel-Gaza live updates: Israel strikes 450 Gaza sites, takes Hamas compound, IDF says.
- Now for the “allegiances and alliances” which is what our “clockwork plots” refers to in slow (publicly visible) news periods like this.
- V.Putin-Haftar defense agreement: Russian naval base in Libya – Together with Algeria close entrance/exit to Mediterranean – Atlantic Ocean. We can see the Libyan leader’s motivation. Remember what the West did to Khadafi? (Hit for not playing the dollar game).
- The Western (corporate-strung) press has been making a grand deal about how SecState Blinken “is in Turkey for talks.” Less “agency-friendly” media, though, hinted that Blinken could get stiffed on his request for an audience: Turkey Prez Erdogan to be on domestic tour during Antony Blinken’s visit. Tough road warrior times hard selling the neocon pitchbook, isn’t it?
- As a result (soft-pedaled stateside) Turkish FM Fidan meets US counterpart Blinken in Ankara to discuss Gaza. Team Houseplant stiffed again!
- But don’t let Turkey’s behavior stop American chest-thumping: US Sends Guided Missile Sub to West Asia to Deter Iran, Hezbollah from Joining Gaza War. We are slowly working America into a position where our own bluster and braggadocio may maneuver us into being the state of “first use” which we are by historical default, anyway, so what the f’, huh?
- And we can’t overlook the WestPac where Taiwan continues to simmer. Even as The US is quietly arming Taiwan to the teeth, the time for PLA forces to strike early and hard before the boxes are all opened, sighted-in, and added to the inventory of Taiwan forces is quickly closing. Remember, two months out from election in Taiwan now and the odds of an invasion are a hot political football. Lai Ching-te says odds of Chinese invasion of Taiwan lowest if he is elected. Book of Trump quote?
Our Mondafication is? We sit around this week, work on getting ready for the semi-annual visit of our consigliere for Turkey Day. And meander through loads of low-level filler-grade “news.”
Trump Publicity Machine
We are endlessly entertained with how Donald Trump is grinding on with “frequency and recall” work, to put it in a marketing context, ahead of 2024 elections.
Like Orange or not, any ad agency with sense knows that reach and frequency win in marketing wars. Trump is the master of frequency. Not always good, but who was it said “There’s no such thing as BAD publicity.” P.T. Barnum said that. But it applies in the MAC (Modern American Circus) as well.
- Donald Trump to take the stand in New York civil fraud trial.
- Zelenskyy invites Trump to Ukraine, says he needs just 24 minutes to explain to him why he ‘can’t bring peace’.
- And Trump rages against Iowa Gov. Reynolds for ‘disloyalty’ as she plans to endorse DeSantis.
The more things change, the more they stay the same. A phrase, which if you are interested, dates from 1848 French critic, journalist and novelist Alphonse Karr. My, ain’t that exciting?
Yes, please leave: Democrat strategist David Axelrod suggests Biden drop out.
We have a battery of questions about the report The Lithium Market Is Expected to Boom in 2024: 3 Picks to Profit. The story is a real energizer for us.
An d the happy talk continues, pretending as if economic fundamental matter a whit, in Stock Market Falling Deeper Into Undervalued Territory | Morningstar. Investing became gambling as soon as computer-based derivatives trading was begun.
Fortunately, we are surrounded by economic genius such as Low earners need more retirement income. (Did they need help figuring this out?)
Ever read the 1992 book “Your Money or Your Life”? Makes a strong case for what we’re kinda doing. F.I.R.E. (Financial Independence – Retire Early). 67 was my checkout full benefit line so I worked to it. You do need to swear off some of the Unlimited Consumption options, though. Figure ways to make money at your hobbies – things like that.
Back in the Slop
More guns than sense in the country: Cincinnati mass shooting leaves 11-year-old dead and 5 others injured.
Elections tomorrow in Ohio: Will Ohio Issue 1 voters back abortion rights? Other red and swing states have.
Chicken checkers checking out: Tyson recalls 30,000 pounds of chicken nuggets over metal. (Who gives a cluck, you say?)
(We know the news flow is slow because about half the Big Papers of the East have useless football stories as their lead stories. Which is how America remains a bunch of dumbschitz not knowing Bite ’em’s team just got stiffied again in Turkey….
Around the Ranch: Diesel Woes
We have sung the praises for over a year of our 8 KW diesel heater which keeps the frost away from our lean-to greenhouse. And in fact, the new diesel woes do not involve the heater itself, but the low-quality hose used to supply the fuel.
Fortunately, the world has not ended, yet. And we have a couple of loads of higher-end fuel line on the way. But, in the meantime, kitty litter on the spilled diesel where the hose leaked.
And the unused diesel collected from the leak? Credit to Oilman2 (who we haven’t heard from for a while…hmm…) for mentioning it works to keep down vegetation along fence lines.
I debated that for a whole minute, or so, on environmental grounds. But, after considering that it was non-GMO and organic (with no high fructose corn syrup in it), and no party to glysophate suits, yeah…as long as no one’s looking, maybe….
A quiet day of research and writing on Peoplenomics ahead, which tends to be relaxing and thought provoking. And since it’s such a quiet day, should be productive…
However since I have done so much research on dream work and have written a good deal about “The Realms” and my adventures there, I want to have a deeper think about this article reader Keith sent along: Scientists Are Researching a Device That Can Induce Lucid Dreams on Demand. The best way to get there that I’ve found, is to eat well, be healthy, and give yourself permission to have Imax-like dreams. It’s OK, you gotta tell yourself.
It occurs to me that if a machine could be developed then it might only be a hop, skip, and a jump until we are able to move into potential world-changing work when we can “call down higher self dream/realm connections” and interleave them (kind of like augmented reality, right?) with waking state.
No telling what could come of that, good we would hope. But seems knowledge and purity of intent aren’t married (or a dependency), Maybe just the self-work for now? Could be all we’re really ready for.
If you need coffee, see ShopTalk Sunday.
Write when you get rich,