When the U.S. Treasury issues its periodic statement this afternoon, it will hopefully report more than “We’re screwed.“
Still, it begins to look that-a-way. Market futures are down. Pressure to raise rates (higher for longer) hasn’t abated. And Ure’s been up since the wee hours (when you have to go we-wee, right?) trying to answer, “How MUCH Hyperinflation is needed to paper-over the Commercial Real Estate pit?”:
Like Sagan’s “…billions and billions…” I’m afraid, though it’s getting closer to “…trillions and trillions…” on our envelope. Which means the biggest real decision of the day will be how long to hold in our short position (entered too early Friday). Along with “How many zeroes can we write before running out of envelope backs?” Yes, scientific notation is now simply “Aw shit….” numbers.
But let’s start there: Moody’s cuts outlook on U.S. credit rating to negative from stable – MarketWatch. Still, the sunset of the ‘Merican Dream ain’t all bad. Why, Migrant family journeys back to Venezuela, more leaving Chicago as winter looms: ‘The American Dream doesn’t exist anymore’. If this works down to the drug-peddling cartels, it would be nice if they could take their dope with them, too.
More True Monday Dope
Sadly, we are saddled with two Dope Parties. In one, we have a houseplant and leading the other a runaway narcissist. And unsure were to turn, Orange is not working out: MAGA-dominated state Republican parties plagued by infighting, money woes – The Washington Post,
Yet FoJ (Failure of Journalism) figures in the mix, too. As lefterly stalwarts can’t imagine THEY for God’s sake, have done anything wrong. For instance: Far-right MAGA theocrats: Most dangerous threat to America. Say what? To be sure, the right (often isn’t) and the left is led by unemployed revolutionaries…so, what did you expect. Really.
America, as we often remind, is in the same strategic-global position that England (the once great Britain) was going into the previous Depression back in 1929. Except this time, China is likely to implode. Too much production, too many empty cities, and going passive-aggressive on how to deal with the West.
You can see it with Joe Biden’s upcoming howdy with president Xi in San Francrisco. Biden, Xi Will Sign Deal to Keep AI Out of Nuclear Weapons Tech: Report. We note that leaving a human in the launch loop is not a panacea, humans pull guns on one-another all the effing time. So, what’s the BFD with Houseplant and Xi? Paper poseurs?
Slo has delusions of running successfully in ’24. And we were very saddened to hear that Sen. Tim Scott Drops Out Of 2024 Presidential Race. We had hoped that he’d offer enough checkboxes filled that even the lost, dazed, and confused Orangehood forest dwellers would be able to see quality when it showed up.
Not that we’re visually offended by Nikki Pom-Poms, but she’s too close to the war-monger tribe (neocons) which have as much allegiance to ideals as a gender-change marketer. It’s enough to make us sick (and go l0oking for better analogies).
Still, war’s coming, and it’s just a matter of When.
The financial crooks and thugs want there to be an external scapegoat for when the theater full of Dollars burns down. And the Neocons are one path, along with the corporate socialist WEF’ers. You will have less and love it.
But the reality at this hour of the day is there’s still time to “get right with God, do some prepping, and check the sales at Cheaper-than-Dirt and Natchez Shooter Supply.
This is (or at least still has the potential to be) the greatest country ever. But, time’s running out. The wars are growing and our IQ’s are not.
Back at the 1500 Mile War
We begin, again, in Ukraine and work our way south to Egypt.
- From the happy-talk side, we read how Ukraine’s defense forces repel 24 enemy attacks in Maryinka sector – General Staff (ukrinform.net). And while not enough to buy a whole new country yet, Pistorius confirms Germany’s plans to double military aid to Ukraine. GHood money after….what?
- On the other side of the trenches, though, a far different tale is told: Russian armies pound Avdivka with a “fan” attack: They entered Stepovoye – The northern defensive layout of the Ukrainians was crushed. One can understand why a cynical old newser like Ure prefers bawdy to body counts.
- Russian media has pulled-back reports of forces regrouping near yjr Dnipro river. And those much American “sanctions”? Shirley you jest: BRICS country imports record amount of Russian oil.
- 10-days to Turkey, but here already if you’re Tayyip Erdogan and trying to figure out which way to flip (West or East) as the EU continues playing Turkey like a fiddle. Secret mission of the “Night Stalkers” to Gaza? MH-60 Black Hawk crash with five special forces men off Cyprus – Turks: “It was a shootdown”. When EUCOM said there was “no sign of hostile activity” did that simply mean they didn’t see it coming?
- Called by some NATO’s least trustworthy partner, Erdogan is back to the strongman playbook: Stir up domestic troubles (threatening a power grab over the Turkish judicial system) while blaming externalities. ‘Netanyahu Will Pay For Gaza’: Erdogan Vents Fury At Israeli PM, Says ‘Won’t Call Biden’. Chest thumper.
- But here in RA (Remnant America) people want to know how deep was New York’s mayor wrapped around the axel of the Turks? Definitely, the Gray Lady answer is What We Know About the Criminal Investigation into Eric Adams’s Campaign.
- Not that Hizzoner’s cash sources matter, after all this is a remnant country now. Besides, WeWork founder Adam Neumann has lavish new Miami home. Maybe we should start bankrupting companies, too?
Fronts and Centered
Didn’t mean to go off on a blue state vendetta, there – its just they are so nuts and I’m a lazy writer. Low-hanging, yada, yada.
But, back to the WW3 war tour, picking up in?
- Syria. U.S. airstrikes on Iran-backed targets in Syria kill at least 8 fighters, war monitor says – CBS News. We were particularly impressed by sending in the fleet(s) and using the word defensive with a straight-face: UPI seems to have gotten it judging by their punctuation of U.S. mounts ‘defensive’ airstrikes against Iranian training, weapons sites in Syria – UPI.com.
- Next stop on the scenic tour is Lebanon before the day bombs out: Which part of “surprised” do you think we are to read Lebanon’s Hezbollah hits Israelis at border; 17 hurt.
- Next stop, southwest Israel/Gaza, so all aboard to absorb how the new Britter in Chief for such things is settling in: David Cameron called Gaza a ‘prison camp’ and criticised Israel. Wonder if he figured that out without help?
- And last stop is Egypt. I’m too lazy, though.
We also should do an out-take on how stupid Europe is acting lately. Megalomanic bureaucrats with a side of delusions of grandeur we reckon: What The EU’s Enlargement Report Means For Bosnia, Georgia, Moldova, And Ukraine.
In two words? The bottom line they are working toward? Global War to coverup the biggest financial crimes in world history in order to save the Bankster Class and rule again on the far side of war.
Sure, it’s Monday. But some things just never change.
If you have the Moody’s Blues, just remember it’s Janis time at the holding companies: “Shoot if it makes you feel good.” The song wasn’t “peace IN my heart.” It was “piece OF my heart.”
Which comes with war, soon enough.
(With a nod to the legendary R. Crumb for the cover art on that album.)
The Art of Day Trading
We could mention that despite our ill-timed short-side entry last Friday (too early on the short side, should have waited for the close) the market today is looking to open lower, but we will have to wait until the preopen tomorrow to see if the daily moving average crossing (dma-x) is really telling us over and out…
The short version of Future goes like this: A lower open means a (statistically likely) lower close. IF we then close down tomorrow, then the market will go down (pardon this) faster than a floozy for a fifty. And the fractal pile up seen for the 21st is game on. Which will be accompanied by a nearly endless march of missing Benjamin’s back into the Ure household.
Not that it’s all good to have more income. You want to send more money to the D.C. clown show and the pickpockets?
The We’re Broke Joke is coming to FedGov again as Mike Johnson Risks Becoming the Next Kevin McCarthy (newsweek.com). No, we’re not broke. We’re managed by crooks and scoundrels…because we don’t vote for smart people.
The Don’s son takes a stand – again: Donald Trump Jr. is returning to the stand as defense… well, click if you care.
Iceland chills ahead of volcano: Iceland warns of ‘significant likelihood’ of volcanic eruption as earthquakes shake southwest.
You know those guys who bought e-Trade? Listen up: There is a new bank under scrutiny on Wall Street: Morgan Stanley.
Bubblicious: BTC Down to $36,874 at click-time after failing to hit $38,000 over the weekend: Bitcoin Millionaire Club Explodes: Wallet Numbers Triple In 2023 Frenzy (bitcoinist.com). We continue (as we have from Day 1) to hold that Charlie Munger (Buffett’s bud) will be right. Just takes patience which whales are short of…
Around the Ranch: 10-Days to Turkey
Our consigliere will be landing on the 22nd. Which is useful since that is when our turkey dinner (store bought, meal for 6-8 people) will be ready. It’s not too early to start your refresher coursework on our gourmand SST Sandwich work outlined annually. If you can’t wait, click here and scrolled down to the bottom of last-year’s after-tryptophan treat.
A busy weekend (aren’t they all?) around here. With doctor visits (mostly healthy, just old and ornery) little surprise expected.
I am in shopping recovery mode, though. The number of Black Friday sales and deals is nothing less than amazing this year. Used to be “credit card” burn was the major issue. Now, though, a new disease is in the offing “clickritis.” Only known treatments include a balancectomy or bankrupture.
But got to be careful. It’s one thing to write about finance (not selling anything, so piss off). But it’s quite another to infringe on medicine.
So, we won’t mention it again.
Until next time.
Write when you get rich,