A lot of people have asked about George Ure, his bio, and how the UrbanSurvival website was born. Oh, and who’s the lady, lucky dog!
From the beginning, then…
How many people’s first stock trade was a convertible, subordinated debenture? Who helped invent radio data broadcasting of software in 1982? He’s that guy.
George Ure is an expert in many fields. Here are a few of them: Turning around companies, optimizing sales processes, flying airplanes, electronics & communications systems expert, Seattle radio station news director, and college president.
He has managed companies in broadcasting, education, transportation, and electronics. He also made a conscious decision to take another path, leaving the corporate world to develop an off-grid capable home and lifestyle away from large population centers.
He has been actively managing his own portfolio for decades, having begun as a stock trader in 1971. In addition to investing in hard assets, living and working in the Cayman Islands for several years as Sr. VP Cayman Airways, George has a good sense of balance between money and life.
His education includes a BA and MBA, plus he has been an instructor in broadcast journalism (UofW). He developed a financial modeling system for airline management, and designed computer software to manage college financial aid details. George has also written several books.
Peoplenomics, a subscription service, delivers his hard-earned experience and deeper thinking.
There aren’t too many people who can build a house, too, but George has. Being “hands-on” his articles at times cross an odd boundary between personal finance and woodworking, the joys of homesteading, and website development. To him, it’s all cost/benefit balance; in finance and in life.
George is married to Elaine Peterson – Ure and they live in what they affectionately call the “Outback” of East Texas. Between ’em, they have nine grown children and are grandparents. Neither looks the worse for wear…
- “Broken Web: The coming collapse of the Internet” (2012)
- “11-Steps to a Strategic Life” 2012 (with Gaye Levy)
- “MyGroPonics I” and ‘MyGroPonics II” (with J.B. Slear) (2013)
- “Best Book EVER About Sales” (2003)
- “Web Site Construction Basics.” 2004, (2004,)
- “Set Theory and Search Engines” (2002),
- “How to Live on $10,000 a Year (or less!) 2013 (4th edition)
- “RC Video Surveillance Platforms” Video (2005)
“The Millennial’s Missing Manual” (2017)
- “DreamOver” a David Shannon Adventure (2017 – fiction)
- “Dimensions Next Door – Hacking space-time” (2017)
- “Psychocartography: Mapping the Human Dream” (2018)
- “Hierarchical Instrumentation”, (PowerSystems World, San Jose, CA 1998, man-machine interface design paper)
- “Electrical System Readiness” (M1A2 – US Army Power Sources Conference, Cherry Hill, NJ 1998, wide temp range battery charging algorithms )
- “Periodic Economic Depressions: When does empirical evidence become sufficient proof?” (Contributed paper World Congress of Sociology, Montreal, 1998) (Member Research Committee 51 on cybernetics)
- Contributing Editor – Marketing (broadcast issues: 1989-1993, web graphic production and layout issues: 1997)
- “FS-1045 A.L.E. — Alternative to HF-DSC? “ (Journal of the National Marine Electronics Association, 1993)
- “Future of Home Information Systems” (West Coast Computer Faire Panel, 1985)
- Regional correspondent, AP Radio Network, also for KMET-FM and KIQQ-FM, Los Angeles, CKLW, Detroit, 2SM Network, Australia, (1972-1983) Includingh St. Helens…
- “Tourism: All Green?” (Seattle Magazine, 1972)
- Current: National Society of Newspaper Columnists (www.columnists.com)
- Current: Society of American Business Editors and Writers (www.sabew.org)
- Past California State School Director License (College president compliance, accreditation training, and licensure)
- Past Vice President, Washington State Federation of Private Vocational Schools – also as a Board member (1999-2000)
- Past member: Society of Broadcast Engineers, founding member Seattle Chapter
- Past Board Member: Associated Press Broadcast Association, Publications Committee
- U.S. Patent 5,895,440 Co-holder Battery monitor and cycle status indicator (primary architect.) [Battery Use Gauge – B.U.G.]
- U.S. Patent 5,675,123 Co-holder Clamshell housing [for meter] having releasable attachable wall mounting mechanism.
- U.S. Patent 5,656,919 Co-holder Accurate battery state-of-charge monitoring and indicating apparatus and method.
- Secret: (DOD/DIA) (1968, RCA Microwave field engineer, Alaska)
- White House Press: – Ford campaign (1975-76)
- Seattle & King County (WA) Police & Fire: (1970-1983)
- Live-aboard & offshore sailor – 10 Years, Canada – Mexico
- Pilot (SEL, one phase of FAA WINGS program) (Sold plane 2017)
- Ham Operator: AC7X *Morse code fanatic
Why Peoplenomics Content is not Free
Peoplenomics is the serious content that is not shared freely via our UrbanSurvival.com website.
There are several reasons why we charge a modest access fee:
1. To help offset the cost of operating our web properties.
2. There’s a saying that people often don’t respect free advice – even if it is extremely valuable information.
3. Time is money. This project is a 15-year investment of time. There is an extensive library of past reports.
Thank you for visiting this site and supporting our advertisers.
Visit often and bring your friends!
George & Elaine